Step-by-Step Guide on How to Officiate a Wedding Ceremony
Everything you need to know to easily compose and conduct a wedding ceremony and make it legal.
In this revised, expanded and retitled edition of the previously titled bestseller, "Sacred Ceremony," “Do-It-Yourself Wedding Ceremony,” brings the focus back to the real purpose of a wedding … the sacred agreement, the vows, between two people that defines their marriage.
In step-by-step, informative chapters, Dayna Reid describes the elements of a wedding ceremony from beginning to end, and the choices people can make with each element. “Do-It-Yourself Wedding Ceremony” includes a wealth of wording and ceremony selections, to celebrate diverse styles, beliefs and traditions, from Christian to Zen, to the simple declarations of love that transcend tradition.
Reid, an ordained Officiant with more than a decade of experience discovered “the few ceremony books available were written in either a particular style or from a specific religious view, offering limited variety for customizing a wedding to reflect a couple’s unique and personal perspective and intentions.”
Some key information within the book:
• A large collection of spiritual and non-spiritual wording examples
• Several sample wedding and renewal ceremonies
• A worksheet to help easily compose the vows and the ceremony
• Instructions for obtaining a marriage license
• Who can legally perform the ceremony and steps to becoming ordained
• Advice on selecting the right Officiant
• Information on filing the paperwork to make the wedding legal