The bridal shower is traditionally a day that celebrates the bride and the beginning of her new life. The shower is usually hosted by the maid or matron of honor or a close relative and organized by the bridesmaids. As a group, the bridesmaids and maid or matron of honor decide on the décor, food, games, and location of the event.
Bridal showers range from extremely luxurious to sweet and simple. In general, guests should include the mothers of the bride and groom; the sisters of the bride and groom, and all of her intimate friends. The most important person to think about is the bride, and what she would like or want, because the bridal shower is her day to celebrate the beginning of a new life with those closest to her.
Bridal shower ideas
There are a number of ways to hold a bridal shower, but before you do, think about how many guests will be coming, if it will be formal or informal, and the bride’s likes and dislikes. Some examples of ideas for bridal showers include:
• Bridal shower luncheon;
• Catered party;
• Shower potluck;
• Pool party;
• House party.
Bridal shower favors
Bridal shower favors are one of the best ways to thank guests who come to a bridal shower. From personalized chocolate bars s to sterling heart bottle toppers, there are fun gifts that will suit everyone and every budget. With the wide variety of choices available, you’re probably wondering what to choose; here are some ideas to start with:
• Bath or soap sets;
• Sterling silver compacts;
• Customized personal luggage tags;
• Edibles like personalized chocolate bars, mints, and other sweets;
• Pink and black lace potpourri sets;
• Key chains;
• Lip butter or lip gloss;
• Manicure sets;
• Sterling silver compacts;
• Wine bottle openers, charms, and stoppers;
Bridal shower games
Bridal games are a great way to liven up a bridal shower and break the ice. You can make up games or play some wonderful classics. Remember that one of the greatest aspects of bridal games is that it helps people relax and interact more; this is especially important if you have a group of people unfamiliar with each other. Here are a few ideas for possible bridal games and activities:
• Bridal bingo (available at wedding stores like americanbridal.com);
• Scrap booking. Make it extra special by having everyone bring favorite picture or memento of the bride;
• Bride trivia games like guessing games, memory games, quizzes, and much more. These can be either written or verbal; whatever’s going to create the most fun, relaxed, engaging atmosphere.
Regardless of your budget make this day a special as you can for the bride to be in your life. Find all of your bridal shower needs at one place, AmericanBridal.com.
Find More Bridal Shower Ideas Articles