My favorite wedding filmmaking gear: https://kit.com/whoismatt
Today, I have a new tutorial for you all about how I film dancing at a wedding reception. In it, I cover four key tips that should help your improve your footage of people dancing during a wedding reception. The open dance floor doesn’t have to be boring or intimidating! It can be a lot of fun, I promise.
In this video I cover:
😀How to interact with the couple, wedding coordinator, and DJ when preparing to film the dancing at the reception.
💡A way to light the dance floor and make it look incredible even when there’s awful venue lighting.
💃My go-to technique to get more energetic dancing shots that show how much fun the wedding guests were having.
😮The exact way I shoot to make editing dancing footage super easy in post (it’s almost editing itself!)
If any of that interests you, I would highly recommend checking out the video. 🙂
Get the lights, stands, and dimmer I talked about in the video at this link: https://kit.com/whoismatt/reception-lighting-gear-for-wedding-filmmakers#recommendation228324
Here are links to the lights and dimmer I talked about in the video:
– Arri 150 Watt Light: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067HQX24?tag=whoismatt_kit-20
– Arri Barn Doors: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B75RWS?tag=whoismatt_kit-20
– Light Dimmer: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YEGVC6W?tag=whoismatt_kit-20
– CheetahStand light Stand: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051CK5FM?tag=whoismatt_kit-20
– Lowel Pro-light: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/285941-REG/Lowel_P2_101_Pro_Light_Focus_Flood_Light.html/BI/7258/KBID/7778/KWID/KIT
– Lowel Pro-light Barn Doors: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000ALKJR?tag=whoismatt_kit-20
– Dedolight: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/298701-REG/Dedolight_DLHDIM4U_DLH4_150W_Spotlight_with.html/BI/7258/KBID/7778/KWID/KIT
– Dedolight Barn Doors: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/382390-REG/Dedolight_DBD8_8_Leaf_Barndoor_Set.html/BI/7258/KBID/7778/KWID/KIT
Check out the wedding films I used in this video:
👰Meant To Be Together Since Grade School: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUrvT8utN8o
👰Scotland Meets Texas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF7jKvIFphA
👰High School Sweethearts in the Hill Country: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBjf09gJuzM
👰My breath of life, my other half, my Cinderella: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGWJSsJ6SzA
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave one below or get in touch through my blog: http://whoismatt.com
🎥This vlog was filmed with the Sony A7sii, a really cool camera that you can check out on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/2mx5IwA.
📷You can check out the rest of the gear I use for filmmaking at my Gear Page on my site at http://whoismatt.com/gear
🤓I am also now offering one-on-one personal filmmaker consulting! Wanna talk about cameras, lighting, or booking clients? Let’s do it! http://whoismatt.com/consulting
If you want to keep up with my photos, videos, and other behind-the-scenes stuff, follow me on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/whoismatt
I also post a ton of video related things to my Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/whoismattcom
Music licensing sites I recommend:
🎧 Sound Stripe – http://bit.ly/sound_stripe (use the coupon code “WHOISMATT” for 10% off a yearly or monthly subscription!)
🎷 ART LIST – http://bit.ly/artlist_music_licensing
🎤 Filmstro – http://bit.ly/filmstro (use the coupon code “WHOISMATT20_ANN” for 20% off all yearly licenses)
SEND STUFF TO:
PO Box #451602
Garland, TX 75045
Video Rating: / 5